Congratulations! You're engaged!
Now its time to plan the wedding of your dreams. From a small beach elopement to an extravagant, luxury wedding, each wedding is unique and displays the personality of the couple getting married. There are many decisions that go into planning a wedding and tons of them you haven't even heard of until planning your own.
Choosing vendors that work well together is the single best thing you can do in planning your wedding. Chat with each individual and make sure they will be the right fit with you and the rest of the people involved. At the end of the day, it is your wedding and you have the final decision. You want everyone involved to be on the same page working together. Then a couple months after the big day you're rewarded with all the photos and videos. Amazing, beautiful moments captured from your special day through visual memories you can share over and over again.
So what makes someone the right fit? How do you know if they work well with others? This is where you start looking at who's worked together in the past and if they have a good relationship in the present. Ask vendors who they like working with. Ask them who's work they admire or who they would like to work with in the future. Look for recommended vendor list (not only from the coordinator, but also from the vendors).
Important vendor qualities:
- Hardworking - They can hang out all day for 8+ hours with you and still have a smile on their face (And show up on time!)
- Vision - You have a vision for your wedding, you need the people involved to be observant enough to see it and give it life.
- Talented - This is the "giving it life" part. You want them to take your vision and turn it into the most beautiful creation ever!
- "Go with the flow" - This one to me is very important. As much planning that goes into a wedding, sometimes things change last minute. You need people who adapt and roll with the punches.
- Works well with others - Weddings are a team effort, only by working together can you pull off the perfect wedding.
Check out my recommended vendors list under my Friends tab!